A sure sign of a great cook is their Cajun Shrimp Mac & Cheese It will make you cry according to all my clients, my version just might bring tears, to your eyes.
You can Keep your Chicken, Steak, and Pork if you like too, I won't give you my opinion or you could be eating a Scrumptious bowl full of Spicy Cajun Shrimp Mac & Cheese. Plain chicken, steak, pork or buttery pasta? a nibble or a bite? You can get your thoughts together if you want to, get back to me if you like. My Shrimp Cajun Mac & Cheese will be here waiting.
From Chef Bridgett Harris.
Total time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes, Cook time: 45 minutes
- 1 Lb cooked elbow pasta
- 16 Tablespoons Butter divided
- 1 lb colossal shrimp cut into thirds
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning divided
- 1 cup grated onion
- 6 Tablespoons flour
- 3 cups of whole milk
- ½ LB Monterey Jack Cheese (grated)
- ½ LB Swiss Cheese (grated)
- ½ LB Pepper Jack (grated) & divided
- 4 blocks of cream cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 Tablespoon of pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Melt butter in med sauce pan 8 Tablespoons
- Add shrimp, sprinkle with ½ tsp. Cajun seasoning.
- Cook 3- 4 min, remove.
- In same pan melt 4 Tablespoons butter, add onion & saute 1 min.
- Whisk in flour , cook 1 min.
- Whisk in milk and heat 4 min.
- Add swiss, cheddar, ½ pepper jack, & cream cheese, stir until smooth.
- Add another ½ teaspoon cajun seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Stir in cooked shrimp and pasta
- Pour into buttered casserole dish.
- Top with other half of pepper jack cheese 4 tablespoons of butter & parsley.
- Bake 45 min or until browned and bubbly.
Contact Bridgett Harris Bridgettdanyiele44@gmail.com for your Private Chef needs.